Sunday, July 22, 2012

On hiatus


If there’s actually anyone out there still reading I’m sure you’ve noticed the frequency of my blog updates has gone downhill of late.  If I had to put my finger on why, well the material's been scarce and, quite frankly, the motivation nonexistent.  While I’m keeping somewhat fit for the upcoming season, I haven’t been pushing myself out the door and don’t exactly feel like I’m doing the theme of this “triathlon” blog justice, so for these reasons so I’m checking outta here for the time-being.  I’m not sure exactly what that means, other than being a ready-made excuse for being lazy and not posting :)  I'll be back sooner or later...maybe I'll chime in with some race reports, or I if I think of something important or interesting or relevant.

I still have some long term goals I want to knock off but they’re taking a back seat as Alex & I focus on other things over the next 12 months.  Don’t worry I haven’t given away the racing thing completely…I’ll be on the startline at the Rotorua and New Plymouth Half Ironman events this summer (Dec 1st edit: I'm rethinking these plans), but probably little else. Well, little else apart from terrorising trails & tracks on a new toy…


I finally joined the 21st century a few months back and got one of dem wisephone fings, and I'm kinda liking the simplicity of Twitter right now (I know, I'm like 3 years behind, right?)...so if you want you can follow me over there, otherwise I’ll see you at the races!


P.S...can I ask one favour?  Go check out my mate Ben's new Avantiplus/Performance Bicycle Tuning store in Newmarket.  That's one freakin cool bike shop stocking some sweeeet gear*.  Ben works all the big races and has a reputation as the go-to guy for discerning pros and hard-to-please amateurs alike.  He's come a long way from his last workshop in a shipping container on his front lawn, and his old man's basement before that...now he's the proud owner of a big, bright, shiny & prominent premises in retail central.  Awesome!


*sadly no sweeeet single-speed disc-equipped steel CX bikes tho ;)

2 comments:

Mike said...

*shame*

Compression socks said...


Generally I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice article.